On 7/11/2013 11:53 PM, Rob McKenna wrote:
Ah, thanks for catching that David, I've updated the webrev in place.

I believe the reasoning is that we want to minimise any potential impact
to customers running in production. The general feeling seems to be that
Mac is a development platform and is less likely to cause us problems in
that regard. (not that I would anticipate any on Solaris, but I
understand the desire to be conservative)

And linux? It has changed to vfork right?

So OSX has changed, linux has changed, but Solaris remains as-is. All platforms allow selecting the mechanism via the property jdk.lang.Process.launchMechanism

Thanks,
David

     -Rob