On 11/8/13 1:34 PM, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 08/11/2013 20:56, roger riggs wrote:
Please review this correction to the documentation of the serialized form of
String.
There is no change to the specification or behavior of the serialization of
strings.

It seemed safer to refer to the serialization specification and remove the
incorrect details instead of trying to correct the incorrect details by adding
more detail.

Webrev:
   http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-string-serial-8028041/
It make sense to reference the spec rather than duplicate how long strings are
handled. So looks good to me (assuming the link works as expected when the docs
are generated).

Hi Roger,

Yes, I agree with the approach of referencing the spec as well.

On the link format, I'd recommend using {@docRoot} instead of a long chain of double dots. (Yes, this is used inconsistent in the javadoc. It's yet another thing to be cleaned up.)

s'marks