On 14/11/2013 23:56, Stuart Marks wrote:

On 11/14/13 2:04 AM, David Holmes wrote:
Sorry for the delay (been enroute). Only issue I have remains the subSequence change - you can't weaken the post-condition of CharSequence.subSequence without
breaking subtype substitutability.

Hi David,

Yes, in general, what you say about weakening post-conditions is true. In this case, though, I can't see how it can cause any practical harm.
I've looked through the webrev and read the exchange between you and David.

I think it might be better to leave the subSequence change out for now (the @apiNote is fine) and submit another bug to track the discrepancy between the spec and implementation. From what I can tell, this has existed since CharSequence was added in 1.4, in which case there may be a good argument to just document the potential deviation.

-Alan