David,

Thank you so much for finding a way to do this. We do think this is important
to get in for 8.
And thank you for a way to check the hotspot changes in without waiting for the
jdk changes.

Code looks good.

Couple of minor comments:
1. universe.cpp - when the hotspot change gets in and the jdk change isn't in
yet, are
we going to see the tty->print_cr message?
2. style: Method* rather than Method  space *
3. Head's up that ASM is being updated for default method support
  - visitMethoInsn will take an additional argument at the end for
"isinterface" to determine
if it needs a methodref or an interfacemethodref in the constant pool. I think
that is in b117 (?)
so we don't have it yet - so this will need modifying later - don't let that
stop you from pushing the
fix.

See Lois's test webrev
http://javaweb.us.oracle.com/~lfoltan/webrev/defmeth_asm_interfacemethodef_2/src/vm/runtime/defmeth/shared/ClassFileGenerator.java.sdiff.html