Hi Stephen,

On 12/5/2013 6:04 AM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
Pretty much looks good.

However, I notice that the equals, hashCode and toString methods of
the 4 calendar specific date classes are inherited rather than
written. Without additional spec, I'm not sure that they can claim to
be value types. Adding the 12 Javadocs should be relatively easy.
I considered that the behavior of these methods meet the criteria, not the existence
or location of the declaration/implementation.

JapaneseEra should also be a value type, but it needs Javadoc and an
implementation of equals and hashCode that check state.
Could be, but they are considered Singletons, see below.

The chronology classes are potential value types, but as they are
generally singletons, perhaps it matters less.

I considered the term Singleton implies an identity relationship.
The == operator is commonly used with singletons (not equals).
So unless the language was modified to remove the term singleton I did not
think they qualified as value types; similarly for all of the enums.

Roger