Hi Roger,

My macro is a little different from yours, which compares with -1 instead of NULL. I also see CHECK_EXCEPTION macro. Thanks for adding them, which are useful when I cannot decide the pending exception state by just using return values.

As for the style, actually I prefer the (!pointer) to (pointer == NULL) because it is more concise and also make me avoid the typo like (pointer = NULL), which I cannot find from the compilation. Thanks!

-Dan