Hi, yes, I'll take this one.

It's slightly odd that this is creating filenames that already have "/" in them (as opposed to File.separator) but since these files don't actually have to exist, I suppose it doesn't really matter.

I'm not convinced that we actually have any evidence that /home/~user is really causing the hang/timeout (either caused by the automounter hanging on /home or LDAP or other nameservice lookup on ~user), but this is harmless, and it'll fix the problem on the off chance that this really is the root cause.

Tristan, please update the test's @bug tag to add 8030844, create a changeset, and create a webrev with the changeset in it (as opposed to a bare patch). I'll then push it for you.

s'marks