On 14/02/2014 18:10, Martin Buchholz wrote:
I'm not excited about having logging statements added throughout the jdk
implementation.  PlatformLogger is an implementation detail, so real users
cannot benefit.  Your OS should already provide facilities to let you trace
process creation.  E.g. on Linux you can do this with strace (and I have
done this myself in the past to debug subprocess creation).  So I'd say
adding logging just to provide a small rarely used convenience for jdk
developers is Not Worthwhile.

Just on PlatformLogger then it just forwards to j.u.logging when it is present.

-Alan.