The change look ok to me too.

There is a change in behavior here, but I don't expect it to be surprising ( no NPE where there once was ), so I think it should be fine for 8u-dev also.

The TCK test changes however, may not be suitable for 8u. Though I'm not sure how these tests feed from the OpenJDK repo into the actual TCK.

-Chris.