Thank you Mike!

On 05.05.2014 21:37, Mike Duigou wrote:
The fix looks good though I wonder if the conditional checks can be optimized a
bit.

Hm. I don't see lots of room for optimization here without revising nexSetBit() and nextClearBit() implementation.

The first check at 1190 is already used to catch two cases:
- at the first entrance into the loop, when i was MAX_VALUE,
- at the other cycles, when endOfRun was either MAX_VALUE or -1.

I am concerned that the suggested iteration method provided in the nextSetBit()
javadoc induces the same failure we just corrected. Perhaps we should revise
that advice?
Yes. I added a check into the loop. It seems to be the simplest way to make the sample correct.

Would you please take a look at the updated webrev?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~igerasim/8040806/1/webrev/

Sincerely yours,
Ivan

Mike