On May 16, 2014, at 8:33 PM, Phil Race <philip.r...@oracle.com> wrote:

> All of the classes in that webrev are client (awt/swing/2d) so should go to
> client.
>

> BTW I am behind on email but w.r.t the variable changes, then if you at least
> make it consistent that
> will be fine by me.

I updated to avoid the unnecessary name change you pointed out, but i have left
all others after reviewing.

> > -phil. Is there a white-list of packages available to determine which
> > classes should be pushed to the client jdk repo rather than the dev jdk
> > repo?
>
> Any public API with a package prefix that begins with
> java.applet, java.awt, java.beans,  javax.imageio, javax.print, javax.sound,
> javax.swing
> and all implementation classes thereof ..

Thanks.

If i don't have permission to push to the client repo (which might be likely) i
will need to hand over the patch to yourself or Sergey to commit. And i presume
this will have to be a separate issue.

How long would it take for the changes to the client jdk repo to make it's way
into the jdk9-dev jdk repo?

--

It's quite clear to me this process does not scale. The amount of work that has
to be done to treat the above mentioned packages separately is rapidly

What happens if i just commit to dev/jdk instead? :-)

Paul.