On 12 jun 2014, at 21:03, Andrej Golovnin <andrej.golov...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> That is why we have tests :) You will have an easier time getting this
>> accepted it you can show good code coverage of the fix in the current test
>> suite for example. See if you can get jcov [1] up and running with this
>> patch, I haven’t tried it on classes in sun.reflect but if it works and you
>> can prove good coverage it will make my life easier, which directly
>> translates to how easy it will be to get this patch committed.
>>
> Do you have any documentation for jcov? The Wiki page doesn't contain any
> useful information about the usage of jcov.

If jtreg is compiled with jcov support, the jtreg help has all the info you
need. Unfortunately It looks like the jtreg binaries you can find doesn’t
include jcov. The Adopt OpenJDK group compiles jtreg, perhaps you can work with
them to get a build of jtreg + jcov?

I’ll generate the coverage report myself, I’m curious if it works with the core
reflection code, but it will probably happen faster if you do it.

cheers
/Joel