I wonder why just don't use the /dev/random if available on *nix -
implemented by sun.security.provider.NativePRNG or
sun.security.mscapi.PRNG() on Windows that calls CryptGenRandom.
Both support SecureRandomSpi.engineGenerateSeed(int) that provides an
arbitrary amount of entropy.
Although the approach would cause some more classes to load, no arbitrary
providers should be initialized.

Stanimir