On 07/14/2014 02:17 PM, Claes Redestad wrote:
If you're in a really hyper-optimizing mood, you could also eliminate construction of ArrayList in parse():

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk9-dev/Formatter/webrev.02/

Have you measured this to have a real effect? I'm not convinced it would matter enough to warrant the extra complexity of turning FormatString into a linked list. I feel this patch is already a bit saturated with different small optimizations - maybe should deal with this in a new RFE?

/Claes

You may be right. I agree that it's already pretty saturated patch. Maybe later if benchmarks show it's worth it.

Regards, Peter