On 8/27/2014 3:19 AM, Magnus Ihse Bursie wrote:
On 2014-08-27 10:26, Erik Joelsson wrote:
Hello Mandy,

Looking at this, I just realized that $(JDK_OUTPUTDIR)/modules/jdk.dev/com/sun/tools/jdeps/resources/jdeps-modules.xml is a generated resource for a module and that you correctly added it to the gendata target. Then to make it fit with the new makefile model, the running of TOOL_GENMODULESXML should be moved to jdk/make/gendata/Gendata-jdk.dev.gmk, which would make it be run automatically with correct dependencies. ModulesXml.gmk should also probably be renamed to something better describing the checkdeps target, which is all it would be doing then. Perhaps it would also fit better in the root make dir.

I can understand if fixing the cross compilation issue is urgent and am fine with you pushing this to fix that, but would like to see it further improved eventually.

I agree. The changes look good, but as Erik suggests, they can be taken even further, possibly in a separate fix. Perhaps the name "CheckModules.gmk" would be better suite than ModulesXml.gmk, when the gendata part has been separated out?

jdeps-modules.xml contains the membership information of all modules. I considered adding Gendata-jdk.dev.gmk but it would have to the last target to run for building exploded image (after jdk.dev classes are compiled). Do you think that'd be doable?

Currently modules-xml has a dependency on "java" target.

Mandy