Hi Alan, Otavio,

I'm very delighted that Otavio wants to help! I'm totally fine with updating the source to a higher source level, though diverging from the upstream projects in the process. I was only saying that it's currently not a high priority for me and that I don't have circles. There's a plenty of room for improvement in the jaxp sources, the problem then is that you'd need to find a sponsor. I see that the discussion on one of your previous proposals (e.g. Replace concat String to append in StringBuilder parameters) lasted a month, have you found a sponsor for that yet?

Thanks,
Joe