Daniel,

Agreed.  My preference would be to:

1. Catch and report them to 'System.err'.  That type of code happens in the
LogManager and exceptions in this case are not the normal condition.

2. Don't specify how uncaught exceptions are handled in the javadocs.

3. Outside of this issue, make an RFE to allow the LogManager to contain a
j.u.l.ErrorManager and use it to replace all calls to System.err to use this
new root/default error manager.  Once these exception are captured in a error
manager you can alter the behavior (rethrow, write to console, ignore, report
to O/S event log, etc.)

I worry that over specification of the exception handling might cripple how the
LogManager can evolve with regard to future RFEs.

Jason