Thanks for driving efforts in this area Daniel. I think it's a very useful test and is bound to help test code coverage. If it's currently passing on all JPRT platforms, it's a good measure.

Eventually I think we can bulk up the tests that can be run on the Iterable returned from your class search.
At moment you just test Field.setAccessible.

In the future, I don't see any harm in adding all simple Field method calls so that any corner cases in custom classes like the original issue are caught. e.g Field.getDeclaredAnnotations(), Field.getModifiers(), Field.isEnumConstant() etc., etc. Some methods won't be much value add but they're not a cost either.

Same argument for running through all Class methods, e.g Class.getDeclaredClasses(), Class.getDeclaredMethods(). As a result this test might eventually become more general in test goal and might live better one level up in "test/java/lang/Class/" - it can be moved when the time comes.

regards,
Sean.