Hello,

I am not sure this is a good idea, while I can understand a policy of "no
(new) lint warnings" and also activities to remove them (based on the
asumption that every warning is a potential bug or code smell) I absolutely
think supressing all remaining warnings without working to resolve them
(i.e. w/o evaluating) is a bad thing. First of all it does not improve code
quality but glutter it. Secondly it makes it impossible later on to
distinguish between well considered supressions and mass supressions.

I would instead favor a solution which can easily detect if any change does
add more/new warnings and fail the review for it. (I.e. baselining the
current warnings which is yet another option you will kill when you supress
them all). The original JEP does BTW not even mention the possibility of
using supression.

Gruss
Bernd