On 15/12/14 12:01, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 15/12/2014 11:25, Chris Hegarty wrote:
Konstantin,

I did reply to this RFR [1], with a question, that is still unanswered.

-Chris.

[1]
http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/net-dev/2014-December/008782.html

I can think of configurations where the scenario could arise. It make me
wonder if this will require a spec clarification as scope_id is defined
in Inet6Address to allow any String and so raises the question as to the
characters permitted in the host component.

I think that we can add '_' and '.' .   ':' I am less sure about.

I don't see any reason to update the spec here, given that the set of allowable character is not clearly defined in the relevant RFC's.

The change, as proposed in the webrev, is reasonable ( with ':' removed ), but you should also include an update to jdk/test/java/net/URI/Test.java, to cover this.

-Chris.