John,

What do you think about the following version?
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~vlivanov/8063137/webrev.02

As you suggested, I reified MHI::profileBranch on LambdaForm level and removed @LambdaForm.Shared. My main concern about removing @Sharen was that profile pollution can affect the code before profileBranch call (akin to 8068915 [1]) and it seems it's the case: Gbemu (at least) is sensitive to that change (there's a 10% difference in peak performance between @Shared and has_injected_profile()).

I can leave @Shared as is for now or remove it and work on the fix to the deoptimization counts pollution. What do you prefer?

Best regards,
Vladimir Ivanov