On 02/02/2015 21:06, Martin Buchholz wrote:
:
The historic spec allows for both SecurityException and IOException (but
not UOE).
Locked-down systems typically (but not necessarily) have a SecurityManager
that helps enforce the restrictions and so SecurityException seems vaguely
appropriate.

There are a small number of places where SecurityException is thrown when not running with a security manager (defineClass, package sealing) but it can be confusing for developers to get this exception when there isn't a Java security manager. So I don't think we should be using it here.

-Alan