-1

As I indicated on JIRA, I don't believe that this change meets the
spec or intent of the definition on Chronology. That is specified to
not throw any exceptions and to handle all years, valid or not.

I don't foresee any significant issue where a year is not validated by
this method. Years out of range should simply return false, again
something that is within the spirit of the spec "a chronology that
does not support the concept of a year must return false."

Stephen