Hi Brian,

Looks fine as is.

But I'm curious why CODE_POINT_U000 is defined as  String instead of char?
The indexOf() operation is more efficient for single characters.

Thanks, Roger

On 4/14/2015 5:56 PM, Brian Burkhalter wrote:
Please review at your convenience this latest patch modified from the previous
one pursuant to the most recent comments.

Issue:  https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075156
Patch:  http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8075156/webrev.01/

* Revise Preferences javadoc to indicate IAE for put*(), get*(), and remove()
for NUL control character U+0000 in the key and / or value, as appropriate.
* Extend fix of put*() in JDK-8068373 to all platforms by moving functional
code up to to AbstractPreferences.
* Add fix for get*() and remove() in AbstractPreferences.
* Revert FileSystemPreferences changes from JDK-8068373 as these are now
handled by AbstractPreferences (note this includes rolling back the more recent
year in the copyright as well).
* Minor picayune cleanup in WindowsPreferences.
* Correct class javadoc of AbstractPreferences which had referred to flush()
and sync() as returning boolean type.
* Extend existing test to get() and remove() cases.

Test passed on all the usual platforms.

The CCC request will need to be revised or a new one filed, pending approval of
this patch.

Thanks,

Brian

On Apr 14, 2015, at 8:37 AM, Brian Burkhalter <brian.burkhal...@oracle.com>