On 04/29/2015 05:35 PM, Roger Riggs wrote:
Hi Peter,

There should be two changesets; so pretend the truncation has been performed for this change. It maybe useful to backport the performance improvement to jdk 8 but the spec change
will have to be in 9 (or wait for a maintenance release).

Hi Roger,

So perhaps it would be best to push what we have in webrev.03 now, so that it can be backported to 8u directly without modifications and simplify equals/compareTo/getInstant as part of the changeset for 8079063. I think this is more consistent. And I can prepare the change for 8079063 right away so the spec change process can be started.

Do I have a go for webrev.03 for jdk9 ?

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~plevart/jdk9-dev/ZoneOffsetTransition.epochSecond/webrev.03/

Regards, Peter

The simplification of toInstant can happen with the changeset for 8079063.

Thanks, Roger