Maybe it's better to live with PrivilegedAction<ClassLoader> and PrivilegedAction<String> instead? I'm using NetBeans 8.0.2, it looks like it doesn't support "source level" beyond JDK 1.8. It's a bit bothersome to have "red flags". Plus, we won't be able to build with JDK 8. What would you think?

Best,
Joe

On 6/29/2015 3:07 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
On 29/06/15 11:13, Paul Sandoz wrote:
NetBeans didn't suggest replacing with diamonds either - which it
>usually does - but then maybe it was busy scanning classpath;-)

This is a relatively new 9-based language feature, so i don't expect the IDEs have caught up yet (IntelliJ 15 EAP has not for this feature, or for the try-with-resources enhancement IIRC).

Right. That is the issue.

The IDE puts a red flag in front of the line saying that
it can't infer the type-variable T - but if you do compile
then the compilation succeeds.

It seems I did put too much trust in the IDE ;-)

best regards,

-- daniel