Hi,

Thanks Jaroslav and Daniel for the reviews! Comments inline.

On Mon, 2015-11-02 at 16:54 +0100, Jaroslav Bachorik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2.11.2015 16:19, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
> > Hi Severin,
> >
> > Adding serviceability-...@openjdk.java.net into the loop - that's
> > a better alias than hotspot-dev for this kind of changes - maybe
> > someone from serviceability-dev will offer to sponsor :-)
> >
> > I will let serviceability team members comment on the hotspot
> > changes.
> >
> > ConnectorBootstrap.java
> >
> > I have one suggestion and one concern:
> >
> > Suggestion: I would suggest to reuse 'csf' (Client Socket Factory)
> > and
> > ssf  (Server Socket Factory) variables rather than introduce the
> > two
> > new variables rmiServerSocketFactory and rmiClientSocketFactory.
> > You might want to create a new boolean 'useSocketFactory' variable,
> > if that makes the code more readable.
> >
> > Concern: If I understand correctly how RMI socket factories work,
> > the client socket factory will be serialized and sent to the client
> > side. This is problematic for interoperability, as the class may
> > not
> > present in the remote client - if the remote client is e.g. jdk 8.
> >
> > As far as I can see, your new DefaultClientSocketFactory doesn't do
> > anything useful - so I would suggest to simply get rid of it, and
> > only
> > set the Server Socket Factory when SSL is not involved.

Thanks. Fixed in updated webrev.

> > Tests:
> >
> > Concerning the tests - we're trying to get rid of shell scripts
> > rather than introducing new ones :-)
> > Could the test be rewritten in pure java using the Process API?
> >
> > I believe there's even a test library that will let you do that
> > easily jdk/test/lib/testlibrary/jdk/testlibrary/
> > (see ProcessTools.java)

It'll take me a bit to rewrite the test in pure Java, but should be
fine. This is not yet fixed in the updated webrev.

> > Other:
> >
> > Also - I believe the new option should be documented in:
> > src/java.management/share/conf/management.properties

Docs have been updated
in src/java.management/share/conf/management.properties.

> I share Daniel's concerns. Also, the part of the changeset is related
> to javax.rmi.ssl - someone maintaining this library should also
> comment here.
>
> Also, the change is introducing new API (system property) and
> changing the existing one (adding SslRmiServerSocketFactory public
> constructors) so compatibility review process will have to be
> involved.

OK. What exactly is there for me to do? I'm not familiar with this
process. Note that the intent would be to get this backported to JDK 8.

New webrev at:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sgehwolf/webrevs/JDK-6425769/01/

Thanks,
Severin