Wang Weijun,

> The function is rather new in the latest Solaris beta [1] and it's
> preferred to reading from /dev/random. There are already people
> suggest adding it to Linux. If I use simply using dlsym then it will
> automatically work on all current and future platforms. In fact, I
> was planning to write

1. Please, check libc only not entire process image.

2. OS X random system is a different story: /dev/random never blocks and
returns the output of Yarrow PRNG.  Also OS X uses SecurityServer
process to feed entropy pool.

So IMHO, it's better to don't attempt to use other functions on OS X
until it appears officially.

3. Please notice that:

   /dev/random will block if you request more bits than entropy pool can
provide.

   but (according to manual page) getentropy will return immediately
with error if less that requested bytes of entropy is available and you
can't request more than 256 bytes of entropy at once.

    it might require changes in uplevel logic.

-Dmitry

--