Hi, Mandy

I looked through the jdk code. I think it's looking quite good. I just noticed some small details to consider fixing up before pushing.

Docs:

StackWalker.StackFrame.getClassName():
the "binary name" link seems to be broken
(StackWalker.java line 100)

StackWalker.getInstance(Set<StackWalker.Option> options):
StackWalker.getInstance(Set<StackWalker.Option> options, int estimateDepth):

A couple missing words:

"Returns a StackWalker instance with the given *options* specifying..."

"If the given *["options"|"set"]* is empty, ..."

(Looks like a typo ("@ocde") on StackWalker.java lines 278 & 307)

Code:

==
jdk/src/java.base/share/classes/sun/util/logging/PlatformLogger.java

550:
The comment for get() states that it returns a StackTraceElement

==
hotspot/src/share/vm/prims/jvm.h (219)
jdk/src/java.base/share/native/include/jvm.h (196)

FWIW, the start_index argument of
JVM_FillStackFrames is an int in the hotspot file, and a jint in the jdk file.

==
jdk/src/java.logging/share/classes/java/util/logging/LogRecord.java

658:
The comment for get() states that it returns a StackTraceElement

==
jdk/src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/StackStreamFactory.java

137 // VM writes to these arrays to fill the stack frame information
 138         // for each batch

I think this comment applies to a previous version of the code.

195 * Subclass should override this method to change the batch size 196 * or invoke the function passed to the StackWalker::walk method

I believe the function in question is the batchSizeMapper function, no longer being passed to walk(); line 196 can be removed.

==
jdk/src/java.base/share/classes/java/lang/StackFrameInfo.java

66
Perhaps this.memberName does not need to be allocated in the case of -XX:-MemberNameInStackFrame ?

Thanks,
-Brent