Minor quibble, but why the "on" prefix in the name? Maybe just me, but
onXYX is typically used for event notification style APIs.

Also, the "wait" part seems inappropriate as the method itself isn't doing
any waiting.  What was wrong with the original spinLoopHint name? Or
cpuRelax()?

sent from my phone