On 11 December 2015 at 20:07, Roger Riggs <roger.ri...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Stephen, can you  confirm that the added text and test in DateTimeFormatter
> is not a specification change?

I thought I replied to this earlier, but maybe not.

This is not a change to the spec, but a clarification to add a clear
spec in an area where clarity was missed. One could argue that some
aspects of this behaviour is implicit from other parts of the API
however it would probably be tricky to tie it up completely.

I have no problem with not porting the spec addition to JDK 8, the but
fix really needs to go back. Not being able to round trip a
ZonedDateTime is really serious, and I remain amazed that this issue
managed to slip through.

Stephen