Hi Roger,

Some early feedback:

I see that prior to your changes, MeteredStream.close() would
be called by finalize.
This will no longer be the case after
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~rriggs/webrev-cleaning-finalizers/index.html

I see that MeteredStream has a subclass (KeepAliveStream) that
overrides close() - so KeepAliveStream probably requires a cleanup
as well - doesn't it?

Finally I'd suggest making the variable 'pi' final - since you're
passing that to the lambda you don't want to allow its value to
be modified afterwards (fortunately it's not - and I believe it
should be good to ensure it won't be).

I haven't looked at the other classes yet...

best regards,

-- daniel