> On Jan 6, 2016, at 4:11 PM, huizhe wang <huizhe.w...@oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> What if “paths” is non-empty but all entries are invalid and no catalog file
>> is read - will it read the system property?
>
> It will not read the system property. The assumption is that the paths
> specified are meant to be used. If they are invalid, it would indicate
> programming error.  I added a couple statements to make it clearer.

The new statement:
  "In case all entries are invalid, the resolver will return as no mapping is
found.”

It will return an object with no catalog file, right?  Is it equivalent to
calling with empty paths and the system property javax.xml.catalog.files is not
set?

I think this sentence is not necessary and can take it out.
   "If {@code paths} is specified, no attempt will be made to read the system
property even if all entries are invalid or point to invalid catalogs."

Otherwise the updated webrev looks fine.

Mandy