Hello!

Thanks for review! Here's the updated patch:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~tvaleev/webrev/8146218/r2/

SC> The docs say that if the end date is before the start date, the
SC> stream is empty. While I can see just about why LongStream.range()
SC> works that way, I don't think this API should. The minimum is an
SC> exception, but it would be easy to support negative in the
SC> days-only case or the months-only case. The problem is where there
SC> are both months/years and days and those should be exceptions.

Now datesUntil(endExclusive) throws an IllegalArgumentException if end
date is before start date.

datesUntil(endExclusive, step) supports negative periods. It throws
IllegalArgumentException if:
- step is zero
- step.toTotalMonths() and step.getDays() both non-zero and have
opposite sign
- step is negative and end date is after start date
- step is positive and end date is before start date

Otherwise it works correctly: you can use
LocalDate.of(2016, 1, 1)
  .datesUntil(LocalDate.of(2015, 1, 1), Period.ofMonths(-1));

Steps like Period.of(-1, -1, -1) are also supported.

SC> The single-arg implementation uses plusDays() with an
SC> incrementing number. When the performance patch goes in, the
SC> proposed streaming implementation will be optimal for small
SC> streams but less optimal for large ones. The fastest way to loop
SC> over a list of dates would be to manually generate them by
SC> incrementing the day until it exceeds the length of month, and so
SC> on. However, this would be serial.

As I understand, plusDays performance patch is already pushed.

It's possible to write custom Spliterator which would use
previous.plusDays(1) in tryAdvance() and jump (via
LocalDate.of(startEpochDay+n)) in trySplit() if parallel processing is
requested. However this adds at least one additional class and more
complexity. I guess, such optimization can be considered later as
separate issue when API is stabilized.

SC> As such, I think the best way to write this, taking account of
SC> how plusDays() is implemented, is as follows:

SC> LongStream.range(start.toEpochDay(),
SC> end.toEpochDay()).mapToObj(LocalDate::ofEpochDay);

Ok, now it's done this way.

SC> In the period-based method, it would be best to capture the case
SC> where totalMonths == 0 and days > 0 and forward to another method
SC> that ignores months. That private method can share implementation
SC> with the public single-arg method (passing in 1).

This case still more complex than one-day case as it requires division
and multiplication. Thus I'd keep these case separately. However I
simplified "months = 0" path using ofEpochDay, now it should be
faster.

SC> The docs for the period-based method should specify the strategy
SC> that produces the results (in abstract terms). This needs to cover
SC> that the result is equivalent to always adding to the start period
SC> a multiple of the period.

I added some clarifications, please check.

SC> Some nits:
SC> I prefer to avoid @link in the first sentence. Just using 'stream' would be
sufficient.

Done.

SC> The first sentence should be a summary. In this case it probably has a bit
too much detail.

Done.

SC> The @return has 'values' on a new line when it could be on the same line.

I set now line length = 100 characters in my IDE. Is it ok?

SC> If statements need braces.

Done.

With best regards,
Tagir Valeev.