Felix,

On 14 Jan 2016, at 06:07, Felix Yang <felix.y...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>    please review the fix for
> test/java/net/SocketPermission/SocketPermissionTest.java, which fails
> frequently with "java.net.BindException: Address already in use".

> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~xiaofeya/8065076/webrev.00

My preference is to avoid getFreePort. It is problematic and I believe just
obfuscates
the intermittent failures further.

In many of the test scenarios the “listening” socket can be created before the
specific
access control context and associated permission are created.

I’ll see if I can get some time to try this out.

-Chris.