Hello,
thanks for clarifying about some APIs being considered "critical".

No, I'm not seeing lots of usage: actually just one instance so far so it
should be possible to patch already with minimal impact.

I'm understanding that this API will be hidden. Will there be an alternative?
In this case it's just being used to invoke:

    sun.misc.VM.getSavedProperty("java.lang.Integer.IntegerCache.high")

I'm not entirely familiar with this code, but it seems the purpose is to
estimate memory usage at runtime for objects,
so it's attempting to read this value to disregard the Integer instances which
are being reused from the pool.

Wondering if you could suggest an alternative, or should we plan for not having
this level of detail anymore?

Thanks,
Sanne