Hi Martin,

how about seeing j.l.i as a framework for lightweight reflection on the one
hand, and for method handle-based meta-programming on the other? That's clearly
usable beyond the domain of dynamic language implementation. Granted, the
latter remains an important application area, but there are others. For
example, JEP 280 uses invokedynamic for string concatenation.

In that vein, how about seeing VarHandles as a safer replacement for some of
the Unsafe API? It's going to be public API, readily usable without having to
enable access to the carefully tucked-away Unsafe.

Best,

Michael

--

 <http://www.oracle.com/>
Dr. Michael Haupt | Principal Member of Technical Staff

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992
München

Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V. | Hertogswetering 163/167,
3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697
 <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>     Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment