On 10/02/2016 13:57, Seán Coffey wrote:
I'm all for allowing one to introduce a new version of zlib to their JDK at runtime. I just don't think it's in the interests of enterprises and stability to introduce a dependency to the JDK on the underlying OS zlib libraries. Could we at least consider a runtime property to allow linking to the (currently bundled) zlib v.1.2.8 port in case issues arise ?
Don't the LD_* environment variables serve this need already? Once the JDK is using the system zlib then this is the simplest way to get it to use a different libz library at runtime.

-Alan