Hi Paul,

thank you. I'm holding off on pushing; a new webrev is at
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mhaupt/8143410/webrev.01. See below for two
specific comments.

> Am 22.02.2016 um 21:45 schrieb Paul Sandoz <paul.san...@oracle.com>:
>> Webrev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~mhaupt/8143410/webrev.00
>>
>> The change documents the type variables used in the pseudo-code in the API
>> documentation of the following methods in MethodHandles: catchException(),
>> collectArguments(), filterArguments(), filterReturnValue(), foldArguments(),
>> and guardWithTest().
>
> Just minor stuff:
>
> 2642      * <p>Here is pseudocode for the resulting adapter. In the code,
> {@code T}
> 2643      * denotes the return type of both the {@code target} and resulting
> adapter.
> 2644      * {@code P}/{@code p} and {@code B}/{@code b} represent the types /
> values
> 2645      * of the parameters / arguments that precede / follow the filter
> position
> 2646      * {@code pos}. {@code A[i]}/{@code a[i]} stand for the types /
> values of
>

> "precede / follow ..." -> "proceed and follow …, respectively” ? like that
> for the last modified method doc.

That's "precede" as in "coming before in the list". "Proceed" wouldn't make
sense in this context. Or did you mean "... respectively" should be appended?
(In the webrev, I've applied the latter.)

> 2884      * }</pre></blockquote>
> 2885      * <p>Here is pseudocode for the resulting adapter. In the code,
> {@code V}
> 2886      * represents the result type of the {@code target}; {@code T}, that
> of the
> 2887      * {@code filter}; and {@code A}/{@code a}, the types / values of the
> 2888      * parameters / arguments of the {@code target} as well as the
> resulting
> 2889      * adapter.
> 2890      * <blockquote><pre>{@code
> 2891      * V target(A...);
> 2892      * T filter(V);
>

> Should target return a type of T, and filter V for consistency with the other
> pseudocode examples? That might be more changes than you wanna apply in this
> case :-)

You're right, the naming should be consistent. I've applied this throughout.

Best,

Michael

--

 <http://www.oracle.com/>
Dr. Michael Haupt | Principal Member of Technical Staff

ORACLE Deutschland B.V. & Co. KG | Hauptverwaltung: Riesstraße 25, D-80992
München

Komplementärin: ORACLE Deutschland Verwaltung B.V. | Hertogswetering 163/167,
3543 AS Utrecht, Niederlande
Handelsregister der Handelskammer Midden-Nederland, Nr. 30143697
 <http://www.oracle.com/commitment>     Oracle is committed to developing
practices and products that help protect the environment