Hi Coleen,

Nice improvement!

Two remarks on http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coleenp/8150778_jdk/

1. StackTraceElement.java

Does the new constructor in StackTraceElement really need to be
public? Can't we keep that package protected?

2. Throwable.java:902

902      * package-protection for use by SharedSecrets.

If I'm not mistaken we removed the shared secrets access - IIRC that
was used by java.util.logging.LogRecord  - which now uses the
StackWalker API instead.

So maybe you could make the method private and remove the comment
as further cleanup.

Please don't count me as (R)eviewer for the hotspot changes :-)

best regards,

-- daniel