Hi Dawid,

Can you log a bug and send me the JI, thanks ?

If you have more info you can share it would be useful to follow up on the nio-dev mailing list.

Rgds,Rory

On 15/03/2016 11:28, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 15/03/2016 11:19, Dawid Weiss wrote:
I couldn't find an appropriate bug in bugzilla, but this fails
reliably for me with Java 8 and 9 on Windows 10, 64-bit:

mkdir foo
mklink /J bar foo
cd bar
java -cp Test .

where Test.java is as simple as:

import java.io.*;
import java.nio.file.*;

public class Test {
System.out.println("p.toRealPath(): " + Paths.get(args[0]).toRealPath());
   }
}

The thrown error shows:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.InternalError: Should not get here
at sun.nio.fs.WindowsNativeDispatcher.GetFinalPathNameByHandle(Native
Method)
There are a number of win32 functions that this code uses GetProcAddress to get their address in kernel32. This dates back to when we had to support Windows XP. This should be cleaned up now. Doesn't explain why you are seeing though, can you submit a bug?

-Alan

--
Rgds,Rory O'Donnell
Quality Engineering Manager