I've yet to hear one supporter on this thread besides yourself and Stuart.
Is there some usability survey or something that actually indicates a
significant sample of people don't like the name? Guava Optional behaves
and is named the same way, and I've not heard anyone complain about that (I
and many people I know used it for years).

I think the conversation would be *maybe* different if picking a name for a
new thing, but the deprecation churn here adds no value, IMO, and is going
to be viewed as an annoyance by a large swath of people.

--
Sent from my phone