Hi,
Updated the webev http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~ntv/8079628/webrev.04/
Regards,
Nadeesh
On 5/3/2016 8:45 PM, Stephen Colebourne wrote:
Letters "Q", "q", "M", "L", "d", "D", "F", "h", "H", "k", "K", "m",
"s" and no doubt others use NORMAL via

  appendValue(field);

Changing these to use NOT_NEGATIVE would be a big change and doesn't
seem justified.

For "D", "DD" and "DDD" these seem to be the best balance (as
discussed up-thread):

  *    D       1      appendValue(ChronoField.DAY_OF_YEAR)
  *    DD      2      appendValue(ChronoField.DAY_OF_YEAR, 2, 3,
SignStyle.NOT_NEGATIVE)
  *    DDD     3      appendValue(ChronoField.DAY_OF_YEAR, 3)

ie. we use NOT_NEGATIVE when we are making changes to a field and that
is the best option, but otherwise we stick with NORMAL for single
letter patterns like "D".

Stephen