Hi Joe,

This looks much better to me.
I just wonder about the @Deprecated("5") vs @Deprecated("1.5")
We started dropping the 1. for Java 5 - so I guess
@Deprecated("5") is OK. Hopefully Joe Darcy will be able
to confirm :-)

best regards,

-- daniel

On 04/05/16 02:22, huizhe wang wrote:

On 5/3/2016 3:36 AM, Daniel Fuchs wrote:
Hi Joe,

This look good but the implementation might be overly complex,
which makes it difficult to read.

It was basically the existing code with some cleanup. What's in
jarLookup was a copy of the original code. As you can see I was eager to
add ServiceLoader support and forget about it (deprecated) :-)

First:
141         ClassLoader     cl = ss.getContextClassLoader();
is misnamed, because as far as I can see this method returns
the context class loader if not null, otherwise the system
class loader.

Make sense. That method was changed. I now renamed it to getClassLoader
with javadoc.

So cl is either the context class loader or the system class
loader and is guaranteed to be non null.
I would suggest adding a comment to make it clear.

This means in turn that the new jarLookup(ClassLoader)
method can be greatly simplified - you can do:
final ClassLoader cl = Objects.requiresNonNull(loader);
and then simplify the if (cl != null) else ... logic,
because you now know that cl cannot be null.

The cl-null checks in both jarLookup and findServiceProvider are removed.

The new webrev also includes some cleanup of warnings, deprecation with
javadocs (since Java SE 5) but without the annotation. I limited the
patch to the sax package only.

New webrev:
http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~joehw/jdk9/8152912/webrev01/

Best,