On 09/05/2016 14:26, Chris Hegarty wrote:
The changes in your patch look ok.

It is not clear, at least to me, why these methods are all that
interesting, or even why they were not covered by 8054720. Maybe
Brian Burkhalter, or others may know.

The changes look okay to me but just to mention that both JVM TI and java.lang.instrument have supported a means for agents to instrument native methods since Java SE 6. I can't tell which tool is being used here but it may be that it is doing dynamic (as opposed to load time) instrumentation or maybe it's a java agent and so can't do load time instrumentation or classes loaded early in the VM startup.

-Alan.