Hello,

I have a third version of the patch here:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~bpb/8130679/webrev.00/

This one I believe addresses all the inconsistencies including the one in
https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8029804 at the expense of a slight
weakening of the specification of the Writer.write({char[],String},int,int)
methods, and matches the behavior of all the classes affected. I have tested it
and inspected the code extensively.

Thanks,

Brian