On 16/05/2016 14:45, Seán Coffey wrote:

On 16/05/16 13:51, Alan Bateman wrote:
On 16/05/2016 13:44, Seán Coffey wrote:
Some extra capturing of context in exception handling. I've re-based the original suggested patch and added some minor edits.

webrev : http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~coffeys/webrev.8151832/webrev/index.html

Would it be possible to leave out the changes to the source files in the module and loader directories for now? We have many changes to this code coming that replace parts of this code and I think would be better to do a pass over the exceptions in a few months once the code is more stable.
Yes, I can hold off. I figured such improvements might help people while they adopt and set up modules but let's cancel until the code stabilizes some more!

Thanks. The rest mostly look okay although I think several of these exceptions in the jimage code need to re-examined - for example IOOBE is thrown in several places where the root cause must be a corrupt or truncated jimage file.

-Alan