On 17/05/2016 13:04, Sundararajan Athijegannathan wrote:
Please review fix for https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8154192

java.scripting module is assigned to platform class loader (instead of
boot loader). And java.scripting module is given AllPermission
[previously it had AllPermission implicitly because of being boot loader
code]

jdk repo:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8154192/jdk/webrev.00/

top level repo:

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~sundar/8154192/top/webrev.00/

Would it be possible to keep the PLATFORM_MODULES sorted? Otherwise it looks okay as a first patch. I think we also need to understand why this module needs AllPermission. From a quick look then it creates the SL with all permissions but the iteration will be restricted by whatever is on the stack so I just wonder if it works as intended.

-Alan