Hello,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for posting an issue we are
experiencing with JRE 1.8.0_92.

The JVM crashes in the Windows native code and generates a log (see
attachment, hs_err_pid15724.log), but not the usual stack-trace due to
uncaught exceptions. The root cause is unclear and we haven't figured out a
consistent way to reproduce the problem, but it appears related to the use
of the java.io.File class for probing attributes of non-standard files
(junctions, symbolic links, or use of file names disallowed on Windows due
to use of special chars, but allowed on other platforms like Mac/Linux).

The same Java code and JVM version on Mac OS X (10.10) runs ok, suggesting
that the problem is Windows-related.

I have also created a bug report, JI-9040363. Other versions of the JRE may
be susceptible as well, but haven't been tested against.

Any suggestions or insights would be appreciated.

Thanks

Vinay