> On 8 Jul 2016, at 22:10, Martin Buchholz <marti...@google.com> wrote:
>

> On Thu, Jul 7, 2016 at 3:39 AM, Paul Sandoz <paul.san...@oracle.com
> <mailto:paul.san...@oracle.com>> wrote:
>
> Here is a spec diff for the atomics:
>
> http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/JDK-8080603-concurrent-unsafe-vhs/specdiff/java/util/concurrent/atomic/package-summary.html
>
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/JDK-8080603-concurrent-unsafe-vhs/specdiff/java/util/concurrent/atomic/package-summary.html>
>
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/JDK-8080603-concurrent-unsafe-vhs/specdiff/java/util/concurrent/atomic/package-summary.html
>
> <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~psandoz/jdk9/JDK-8080603-concurrent-unsafe-vhs/specdiff/java/util/concurrent/atomic/package-summary.html>>
>
> I looked at the specdiff - easier to review than the raw text diff.
> The new spec delegates heavily to the VarHandle spec.  Let's make that spec
> good.
> Some of the old content, like the guidance on how to store floats/doubles in
> ints/longs in package-info .java, should probably be migrated to VarHandles,
> and not just discarded.

Yes, another pass over the VH documentation is needed. Which hopefully can
start soon, given code changes are now settling down.

I am thinking about placing the signature-polymorphic stuff on MH and VH into a
separate html document, that will then give more room to talk about relevant
details on the VH class.

Paul.